Public Home > My Trading Card Collection > NBA Basketball > 1989-90 > 1989-90 Hoops #046 (1)

1989-90

Things really start to heat up in 1989-90, leading the way for the best decade in the hobby yet to come.

Fleer's set was back, and this time it was slighly longer, although they wouldn't really hit their stride just yet. (One note about Fleer's 89-90 set- it's prone to mis-cuts. When I get around to scanning my errors, roughly half of them will be cards from this set)

For the first time in NBA history, there was more than one set issued in a year. Hoops made it's debut, and not only did it debut, it also became the first set to issue a series 2- and off the top of my head, it was also the longest set ever at the time, at a total of 353 cards. For most of the 1990s, most main sets issued a second series to include traded players and rookies, which became the fad of the 1990s. As such, Hoops includes David Robinson's first card (one of my all-time favorite players) and also the first cards of the two new expansion teams in action.

PROTECTED

All scans are of cards in my collection, not for trade or sale.

1989-90 Hoops #046 (1)

Uploaded: October 01, 2015

exif