In the early hours Friday morning, the West Chester Fire Department was dispatched to the 500 Block of E Barnard St for a house fire.
Good Will Fire Company arrived first on scene and reported heavy fire showing, requesting the working fire upgrade. Ladder 53 arrived shortly after. Splitting crews, the exterior team threw ladders on each side of the house, while the interior search the exposure house for any extension. Primarily, per operational command, the fire was fought exteriorly. Crews only entered the house later on for minor extinguishment and overhauling.
The cause of the fire resulted from a furnace malfunction in the residents basement. Being powered by gas, the fire was not easily knocked down. Foam was used to further enhance extinguishment.
A job well done was accomplished by all companies associated. Thank to the mutual aid given by Goshen Fire Company, Good Fellowship Ambulance Club, and American Red Cross.