| || |
20 WEEK PROTECTIVE STYLE CHALLENGE! 8/15/11 thru Year End.
Join Us! http://www.healthyhairjourney.com/untitled7.html
What are protective styles:
Protective styles are styles that protect the hair ends. The hair ends are (protected) tucked away protecting them from drying out. The tucked away ends are moisturized and sealed with oil. These styles require no heat and does not require much manipulation of the hair. Our hair ends are the most fragile because they are the oldest. These styles protect the hair from air exposure and extreme cold / hot temps. There are so many fun options for protective styles...just have fun and be creative with it!
Options are endless!!!
Buns, braids, sewin weaves, cornrows, french braids, twists, bantu knots, updos, lace fronts, french rolls, or any other style variation that tuck in the hair ends. Those with very short hair may try twists, coils, corn rolls, braids or wigging it while your hair is braided.
- Healthy hair. Give your hair a rest from heat and daily manipulation. The less you manipulate the hair, the less likely you will experience breakage.
- Length retention. The ends of the hair are the most fragile because they are the oldest strands. If the ends are properly moisturized and tucked away, less breakage will occur.
What are your goals
Length, thickness or healthy hair overall? Write down your goals and take starting / ending pics.
1. Shampoo and deep condition every 7-14 days. Be sure to alternate your Hydratherma Naturals moisture and protein deep conditioning treatments to maintain a balance of moisture and protein.
2. No direct heat- hood dryers are permitted.
3. Wear protective styles daily. Allow yourself a 3 day pass per month. (Optional) On these days you may wear your hair loose for special occasions / events.
4. Maintain a moisture / protein balance in the hair daily. Be sure to moisturize and seal with oil daily. This is very important. Applying the Hydratherma Naturals Protein Balance Leave In Conditioner, Daily Moisturizing Growth Lotion and sealing with the Hair Growth Oil will ensure a great moisture / protein balance on a daily basis. .
5. We encourage everyone to post protective style / progression pics on our facebook fan page so that we can share styling ideas! Tag us!
(Please adjust the rules based on your hair's needs.)
We want this challenge to be very interactive. Please connect with us on our Hydratherma Naturals facebook fan page. There we will exchange ideas, styles, progression pics etc. Please tag us with your protective style pics on FB!
We will also be connecting on twitter and posting protective style tutorials on our HEALTHYHAIRJOURNEY youtube page.
Connect with us on FB and Twitter for our weekly updates!