The chateau Detenice, and adjacent brewery, are located about 60 minutes northeast of Prague. In 1404 there was a small stronghold here and the chateau was rebuilt at the end of 16th century into the Renaissance form. In 1760, the chateau was rebuilt in the Baroque style. In 1873, the Knights of Malta owned the building and adjusted the interiors. After this time, the chateau came into the possession of the state, but now it is privately owned. The new owner reconstructed the chateau, garden and the chateau brewery.