| || |
| || | | |
My current regimens
| || |
New Regimen for Fall/Winter 2009
Due to some heat damage after doing a "semi" blowout on my hair (I will not be doing another one for a very very very long time), I will be wearing my hair in twists, indefinitely. I cut about 1/2 of hair off to get rid of the damage but it will definitely grow back, plus I had some good growth last month! Protective styling is my main goal at this point. I actually started wearing more twists back in Sept but for only a week or 2 at a time but now I want to make it my main style. So here are the basics:
1. Twist hair using shea butter mixture (preferrably small or mini-twists, which take me about 6 to 8 hours)
2. Wear twists for 3 to 4 weeks (depending on how they look)
3. Co-wash (when desired)
4. Shampoo weekly (sulfate-free, natural shampoos only...my hair loves them!)
5. Use stocking cap when washing twist to cut down on frizz.
5. Deep condition weekly
6. Protein treatment every 6 to 8 weeks (my hair likes protein)
7. Henna treatment every 6 yo 8 weeks (I have been slacking off lately but not anymore)
8. Hot oil treatment every 4 weeks (my hair loves this too)
9. Detangle hair gently and treat hair like a fine piece of silk!
This is definitely be easier than my previous regimen and I love how my hair looks in twists. I have become a better twister over the past 2 months...so practice does make perfect!...Pics coming soon...
Main products/tools for now: Shea butter mixture (my own), water, oils (coconut, EVOO, tea tree & 7 Oil).
Suave Naturals & Suave Humectant conditioners, Aussie Moist conditioner, Ion Moisture Solution repair conditioner, Paul Mitchell Tea Tree conditioner, Hair Rules conditioner (sometimes), Burt's Bees conditioner (for detangling), Burt's Bees shampoo.
Denman brush, rat-tail comb, & Jilbere shower comb; hair clips, duckbill clips, hair pins; headbands, stocking cap, satin bonnet, & silk scarf.
- Album was created 4 years 10 months ago
- No comments
- 0 views
- 0 visitors
- This album is empty
| || |
2008 to 2009 Natural Hair Care Regimen
Tawanda’s Hare Care Regimen (**VERY DETAILED**)
1. Baking Soda & ACV Wash and use glycerin bar (once a month/every 4 weeks as a clarifier)
2. Pre-Poo (every 2 to 3 days)
3. Co-Wash (every 2 to 3 days)
4. Moisturize (homemade mixtures)
5. Style with Gel mixture or nothing
1. Spitz with water mixture (conditioner & water or glycerin & water or oil)
2. Add olive oil and/or coconut oil (to moisturize)
3. Apply leave-in conditioner (as needed)
1. Apply overnight Moisturizer mixture (homemade)
2. Apply baggy (as needed)
3. Apply silk scarf
4. Apply satin bonnet
Deep Conditioning and Treatments
DC: Every week on Saturday
Protein Treatment: Every month/4 weeks
Exfoliation (scalp): Every week on Saturday
My Natural Hair Concoctions
Mix any Conditioner with Honey, Coconut Oil, and Olive Oil. Leave on hair under a baggy for 1 – 3 hours or as long as desired.
Co-Wash Mixtures (No-Poo)
Mix any Conditioner with Honey. Co-wash hair and rinse. May also leave-in for 15 to 30 minutes and then wash out.
Baking Soda Poo
Mix 1 to 2 tbsp. of baking soda with 1 cup of water. Pour over head, cleanse (same as if using shampoo but without the lather), and rinse thoroughly.
Mix 2 cups of water and ½ cup lemon juice. Slowly pour over head and massage well into hair. Let sit for about 10 to 20 minutes and rinse out.
Deep Conditioner Mixtures
Mix Olive oil with Shea Butter and any Conditioner and LusterSilk Shea Butter Cholesterol. Leave on hair under a baggy for 30 minutes to 1 hour then Co-wash.
Mix together Honey, 1 egg, coconut or olive oil, and yogurt. Leave on for 30 minutes and then co-wash (NO HEAT).
Mix together brown sugar with any Conditioner. Apply to damp scalp and gently move in circular motions around scalp. Rinse well and co-wash.
Mix Coconut oil with Shea Butter and olive oil. Leave mixture in overnight and wash in morning.
Shea Butter unrefined (#1), Honey, Extra-Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO), Aloe Vera gel, V05 Moisture Milks conditioner, Pantene Pro-V conditioner (smooth), Suave Coconut Milk conditioner, Suave Tangerine Conditioner, Suave Refreshing Waterfall Mist Conditioner, Veggie glycerin, Africa's Best oil, Smooth N' Shine curl activator gel, Homemade gel, Garnier Fructis Leave-in conditioner, Garnier Fructis Fortifying cream conditioner, LouAna Coconut oil, regular Mayonnaise, Eggs, Lustersilk's Shea Butter Cholesterol, Glycerin bar, Miconazole nitrate 2%, lemon juice, Kinky Curly Curling Custard (KCCC), Fantasia IC Gel & Polisher, Mane 'N Tail Shampoo, Mane 'N Tail Deep Moisturizing Conditioner, Aussie moisturizing conditioner, TRESemee Remoisturize (w/pro-vitamin B5 & Aloe), Hydratherma Naturals Follicle Invigorator, & various Indian (Ayurvedic) oils and powders, Herbal Essence (Hello Hydration) conditioner, Infusium 23 (moisturizing formula), PRO STYL Gel activator with aloe & honey, PRO STYL Gel activator with Pro-vitamin B5, Aphogee Balancing Moisturizer, TIGI Bed Head Moisture Maniac conditioner, TIGI Bed Head curl spray, Beyond the Zone Curl Maker creme/spray, Jane Carter Solution products (Nourish & Shine, conditoner, shampoo, leave-in conditioner), Hair Rules products (entire kinky/curly collection), Jasons assorted shampoos/conditioners, Burts Bees assorted shampoos/conditoners.
- Album was created 4 years 11 months ago and modified 4 years 11 months ago