| || |
| || | | |
| || |
- 3rd Year Natural ((25-36)
- So, I am going into my third year of being natural and over the past two years I have learned a lot. I think that the more my hair grew the more frustrated I became because I couldn’t do the same things I did before. My second year of being natural had many ups and downs and while I achieved some growth, I ended up having to cut a lot of it off due to split ends. I plan to incorporate everything I have learned over the past two years and grow stronger healthier hair. I learned that my hair needs way more attention than I was giving it and that my lack of growth is mostly due to the lack of moisture my hair received. Therefore, for my third year of being natural I plan on making a few changes and trying to stick to this regimen no matter what. I am treating my third year of being natural as an experiment. I want to stick to everything in my regimen and see if it helps… (I know I am no good with sticking with things, but the lack of growth has really frustrated me)…so here we go!
3rd year natural regimen:
1. Wash my hair once a week. I will be using gallons of distilled water on my hair this year to see if there is a difference. I looked at a hard water map and my part of Texas had the hardest water.
2. Co-wash in between washes depending on the style for the week.
3. Deep condition my hair weekly after washes. I deep condition overnight with a plastic cap.
4. Oil my scalp at least three times per week and oil the ends of my hair every night or twice a day depending on how my hair feels.
5. Drink at least 60 ounces of water a day, 3-4 bottles of water and get at least 30 minutes of exercise everyday. (I have found out from others that plenty of water and exercise will help with growth.)
6. Styling: I have had trouble with styles that keep my hair moisturized so I plan on twisting my hair after I wash it and wear the twits for about 3-4 weeks and end the month with twist-outs and puffs. In the summer I may wear the twists for a week or two and then every now and then throw in some co-washes because my hair loves water, but because I have a hard time styling wash n go’s due to the length it may not happen too much. I am also considering wearing kinky twists again as well as micros and make my third year a year of protective styling and hide my hair for a whole year.
Due to my lack of commitment in the past, I made myself a chart to keep up with my regimen. I highly recommend this to those who have a hard time sticking with their ideas.
- albums: 4
| || |
- 2nd year all natural (13-24)
- Since i had a hard time commiting to protective styles,i will not be protective styling my second yr. Instead, i am goin to go through the entire second yr using just the curls products and leave my hair alone and wear it curly and see how my hair responds. The only styles outside of wearing it curly will most likely be twist/twist outs. So here we go....
- albums: 6
| || |
- My goals!
- these people are my inspiration and i have used them as a reminder of where i want my hair to be.
overall goal- retain as much length as i can
1st yr goal- at least a ponytail
- albums: 1
| || |
Year 5- month 49-60
- Album was created 5 months ago
- No comments
- 0 views
- 0 visitors
- This album is empty