Groat Cem Fairfield Twp Fayette Co Iowa
The original name would have been the Brush Creek Cem for the village of Brush Creek, which had a name change in 1895 to Arlington. The Groat family farmed the adjacent field and thus the cem became referred to as 'Groat.' Many of the early pioneers of Brush Creek and the prairie farms to the west were are buried at Groat, however the Taylorville Cem quickly became the primary burial ground for much of Fairfield Twp. This folder contains subfolders of a walk-through photo survey of the north and south half of Groat, plus pans of the cem and area, and burial listing. There are numerous unmarked graves at Groat.