Public Home > Tools & equipment > Rivet tool for sickle bar mowers

Tools & equipment

Some of the tools and equipment I have acquired to work on my old tractors


Rivet tool for sickle bar mowers

This tool, with a wrench, is all you need to remove and replace rivets when replacing the sections on a sickle bar mower. The tool on the left is for punching out the remains of the old rivet, while the tool on the right is for "spinning" down the new rivets.

Image URL for use on other sites:
Link to send via email/instant messenger:
Fotki Code:
Uploaded: June 12, 2009
2372 5
  • (Anonymously) (Private)
    4 years 6 months ago
    What is name of this tool and who manufactures it?  I need a new part.
    • Mikesloane United States (Private)
      4 years 6 months ago
      As far as I know, it is just called a rivet tool for sickle bar mowers. I got mine from a local ag supply store that is also a Valu-Bilt dealer. I *think* that Valu-Bilt handles them. I managed to lose the "anvil" piece that goes under the punch, and a machinist friend made a replacement, But if you need one of the two upper pieces, then your best bet might be to contact Valu-Bilt. They have a website and an 800 number < (I just looked on their website and couldn't find it, but that seems to be the rule, rather than the exception.)

      • (Anonymously) (Private)
        3 years 2 months ago
        hey listen, big help!  thanks form the valueble info from an obvious pro!!! On social security and dis-abled vet, got to watch every penny !!!!!!!!!!!!
        • Mikesloane United States (Private)
          3 years 1 month ago
          I need to update the caption - Valu-Bilt is now CT Farm & Country (It was Central Tractor before it was Valu-Bilt). They are now owned by the Alamo Group, which, in my personal opinion, is not a Good Thing, for a variety of reasons related to Alamo's pricing and business practices.


      • (Anonymously) (Private)
        4 years 6 months ago
        Mike, Thank you for the information.  I will pursue it..