CLYNE BRORA BURIAL GROUND 0ur code CL-B This cemetery was opened about 1880 but was not much used until the early 20th century. At this time Clynekirkton was becoming full and the population becoming more concentrated in the village of Brora. This cemetery is still used by the people of Brora today.
The cemetery, and its new extension, contains about 880 tombstones which can roughly be split as follows - around the walls about 60 tombstones mostly before 1950, several vertical plots immediately inside the gates with about 250 tombstones. This is the oldest part of the cemetery going back to about 1880. Eighteen horizontal plots containing about 540 tombstones mostly from about 1940 onwards and the new extension containing only about 30 tombstones.
During 2002 & 2003 this cemetery was visited, photographed & transcribed by Bill O’Brien, Brora; Christine Stokes, England & Sheila Mackay, Edinburgh
The following inscriptions include all the oldest stones in this cemetery. Very recent stones are not shown.