This whole project started out when I won a wooden filing cabinet on e-bay. It was originally intended for a gentleman's study but when it came, it announced in no uncertain terms that it didn't want to be in a gentleman's study - it wanted to be in a detective's office c. 1940. Who was I to argue? LOL
I had a roombox that would work so started gathering things for it and putting it together in my mind.
Than friends and I went to the Kelowna BC Show and Sale earlier this year. One of the members was selling a two story roombox for only $20 and I just had to have it! There was a completed one on show that had a young couple upstairs with the man playing a musical instrument and the elderly man downstairs pounding on the ceiling with a broom. It was such a perfect scene that I knew I couldn't top it.
After I got home and thought about it for a couple months, decided that my detective's office should be upstairs with (what else) a bar below.
And there it languished with the only work being done on it being in my head - until now!
On May 10, I began serious work on the detective's office and completed it on May 23.
I'll begin work on the bar section tomorrow.
Well, I did get the bar started at that point but got majorly stalled last August!
But last Tuesday, I got started again and finished it today.
Just goes to show that some things are never finished! July 2013 Joanne gifted me with a 'house of cards' that just reinforces my backstory of my detective as being not too successful/busy! LOL