| || |
July 2009 -December 2009
Continuing on with the Naturally Curly Grow Out Challenge.........
* I luv braid outs!
* Jojoba oil in my mist locks moisture in my hair for at least 24 hrs
* Due to the above, my hair never has time to be dry
* (As of July '09) I no longer "deep condition" as I learned that it's really a myth and no longer use traditional conditioners anymore. I moisten my hair (w water) 1st and then apply a mix of oil (see what oils I use in my products album) and honey to loosely braided sections and leave it on for 10 to 15 mins.
I then detangle each section BEFORE I get in the shower to cleanse my hair. I use my fingers 1st n then go back with my detangling comb or a vented brush. Once each section is detangled, I loosely braid it back up. Once all sections are detangled n braided back up, then I hit the shower to cleanse my hair and then I'm done! I air dry in flat twists for a twist out or braids for a braid out.
* I'm going to make an oil cocktail. It will consist of my fav oils: olicoco oil, jojoba oil and castor oil
- I've been cheating on wash n go's with braid outs and I think I'm turned out!
- My favorite hairstyles: braid outs and curly fros
- Joined yet another challenge..... this time on LHCF: Cornrow Challenge. It's till Christmas so I'll be french braiding my hair since I can't cornrow great and wearing wigs. 3 wks I'll wig it and 1 wk I "rest" and let my hair out.
- I'm making my own cap wig. They're kinda cool. I might mess around and get hooked on making my own!
- I'm over using a vented brush (or any other brush) for detangling. I lose too much of my hair. =0 So I'm back to using my shower comb exclusively now and lose a lot less hair. =)
- Cheated on the shower comb n now luv n use the rake comb to detangle. i lose even less hair!
- Still only maily condition with oil: my fav is coconut oil
- Will be trying tea rinsing
- Dropped out of the LHCF Cornrow Challenge lmao
- I luv n use a diff henna now: Nupur henna it's da bomb.com
- Finally made my oil cocktail. I seal with it and my hair's in luv. =)
- 1 Yr Natural! Time flies when you're having fun!
- Tried tea rinsing and hated it. Prefer my ACV rinses any day.
- Learned by discovery that my braid outs come out way more defined when I do them with a butter :D
- My hair hated shea butter when it was shorter and I could only twist with it, now it likes it and I can use it any time. :D
It's been a great 1st year! Follow me as I venture into Year 2!