Public Home > My Trading Card Collection > NBA Basketball > 1986-87 > 1986-87 Fleer Stickers #06 (1)

1986-87

1986-87's single set is probably the most important in the hobby's history. Fleer came back for the first time since 1961-62, and I doubt anyone at the time knew how important this set would be. It was only 132 cards long- a very small set by my standards- but they include some of the most important cards of all time. Due to Star's limited distribution, most people could not get most of the cards, so the first chance people got to get any cards of some of the biggest names of the 80s and 90s- names like Jordan, Barkley, Ewing, Drexler, Malone, Olajuwon, and more, all came in this set.

I am actually very lucky- I found a dealer who was getting out of basketball cards in the mid-2000s, and got some great prices on many vintage cards from him- he just wanted to get rid of them- and I was able to get all but 4 cards from the set. Unfortunatly, the Michael Jordan is not one of them- I was able to find real ones (It's the most faked card ever) for sale as low as $400, (not very low!) but I could not do that...it's roughly 3 times more than I ever paid for any single card...and it remains missing from my collection now and likely always. (unless I win the lottery).

I do remember clearly my mom giving me the Karl Malone card for my birthday in 1997- I didn't start keeping track of when I got cards until roughly Christmas 1998 (OCD strikes again!) but I remember getting that one card for my birthday that year, and the complete set of 1995-96 SPx for my birthday in 1996.

PROTECTED

All scans are of cards in my collection, not for trade or sale.

1986-87 Fleer Stickers #06 (1)

Uploaded: July 01, 2017