2005 Peirce Behrendt
Delaware & Ulster dining car East Branch
This car was built in April, 1950 for the Atlantic Coast Line for service on that railroads streamliners between New York and Florida. The Plant City was one of ten identical dining cars delivered to the railroad in 1950. In 1967, the Atlantic Coast Line merged with the Seaboard Air Line to become the Seaboard Coast Line system which re-designated the Plant City as diner #5936. Four years later, in 1971, when most U.S. railroads exited the passenger train business, Amtrak, the new owner, again renumbered the diner as #8086.
East Branch provides breakfast, lunch and dinner guests aboard the Rip Van Winkle Flyer with comfortable dining seats and beautiful vistas through its large windows.