The most famous greek architect in Thessaloniki, the official architect of the city's Greek Community for the first quarter of the 20th century. Born in Fourka (in Halkidiki) in 1863 and died in St Anastassia Monastery (also in Halkidiki) in 1933.He was burried in Evangelistria Greek Municipal Cemetery. Studied Architecture in Metsovio Polytechical School of Athens and then left for Germany where he pursued his studies in Munich Polytechnical School. He returned to Thessaloniki in 1892 and was soon engaged in various projects both for the Greek community and for local aristocrats. His most important public structures are: -Analipsi School (ca 1909, 138 Delfon str.), -Hamidye Hospital (ca 1903, currently Ayios Dimitrios Hospital, just over Evangelistria Greek Municipal cemetery), -Ioanidis School (ca 190 , Manoussoyanaki & Filikis Eterias str.), -Mitropoli (Cathedral) (ca 1914, Mitropoleos & Ayias Sofias str., original plans by Ernst Ziller : revised and implemented by Peonidis), -Papafio Orphanage House (ca 1894, Παπάφειο Ορφανοτροφείο, Papafi & Katsimidi & G. Lambraki str.) his most famous private structures are: -Frederic de Charnaud Mansion (ca 1899, aka Hadzilazarou / Siaga Mansion - Έπαυλη Περικλή Χατζηλαζάρου / Σιάγα, Vassilissis Olgas & Sindika str.), -Hassan Pristine - Hafiz Bey Mansion (ca 1879, aka School for Blinds - Σχολή Τυφλών, 32 Vassilissis Olgas str.), -Hotel Augoustos (ca 1922, Ξενοδοχείο Αύγουστος, Zvoronou & Ptolemeon str.), -Jeborga (Salem) Mansion (ca 1878, aka Former Italian Consulate - Πρώην Ιταλικό Προξενείο, 20 Vassilissis Olgas str.), vide http://abravanel.wordpress.com/2009/12/02/salem_trilogy_mansion/ -Koufas Residence (ca 1923, Diehl & Ermou str. demolished, OTE) -Nedelkos Residence (ca 1925, Οικία Νεδέλκου, Ayias Sofias & McKensie King str.), -Nedelkos Clinic (ca 1909, Κλινική Νεδέλκου, Egnatia & Konstandinou Paleologou str.), -Pelossof - Amarillo - Pardo Arcade (ca 1921, aka Old Post Office - Παλιό Ταχυδρομείο, 22 Tsimiski street, next to Hirsch Arcade), and (we can call it his masterpiece) -Seifulah Pasha Mansion (ca 1905, aka Mordoch Mansion - Βίλα Μορδόχ, Municipal Gallery - Δημοτική Πινακοθήκη, 25 Martiou & 162 Vassilissis Olgas str.).